- Dec 2021 to Apr 2022
- Solo student project for Google’s UX Design course
High drop off and low conversion rates in Candle Selling Apps because of non inclusive payment methods.
A number of candle selling apps on the global market miss out on Ugandan consumers because their payments methods are mostly limited to Card Payments, while most Ugandans and the neighbouring countries have embraced Mobile Money Payments, systems that don’t need cards.
Integrate Mobile Money Payment options on top of cards and other forms of payment.
None of the competition in the report have Mobile Money as a payment option.
3/5 of my interviewees were more likely to end their user journey if the checkout didn’t have a Mobile Money payment option.
One of my interviewees said, “Sometimes I don’t have money on my VISA card, and of course we have Paypal issues here but I always have money on my phone.”
- What do you think about scented candles?
- On what occasion do you light up a scented candle?
- How often do you buy them through an app or website?
- What are some of your frustrations while purchasing them?
- How do you pay for them?
USER JOURNEY MAP
In this scenario, our persona has to leave her home to go buy scented candles at the local store.
BIG PICTURE STORYBOARD
CLOSE UP STORYBOARD